Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kenskii00

Re: No sound

Jump to solution

I have had a Roku Express for a while now and recently it has sporadically had issues with the sounds stopping while in use. I have been resolving the issue by going to settings/system/system restart. My thought is the unit needs to be replaced. I will try the suggested new HDMI cable first and see if that resolves the issue.

0 Kudos
joeydav1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Kenskii00 - 

The suggested fixes here are short term (VERY short term) solutions. The problem will return after using the ROKU for several hours or several days.  This issue is a software one that ROKU, thus far, refuses to acknowledge or can't seem to fix.

Ipaul75
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I agree with this statement. 

Gladywolf

Jump to solution

I did the above mention but it didn't help. The roku stick was really hot.

brock6389

Jump to solution

Reviewing this topic is Kafka-esque, as all Roku "Technical Support" can offer repeatedly is a device reboot.  YES, this "works" each time that you do it, but to think that rebooting your device every day is a "solution" is totally laughable.  "Support" is offering no solution to the problem that we've been having for months.  Perhaps a mass return of our devices might garner some real attention?

OldFatFart
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Reboot is not acceptable. 

It was working.

Fix it!!!!!

lkwork

Jump to solution

if you read most of these comments you will see that for many this is a daily problem.

For me, we have changed HDMI cables and inputs, system restart (at least once a day), unplugged the roku, tried changing audio settings to stereo.  This is only a temporary fix.  

Sometimes it will happen when going from one app where sound was working to home screen then to another app where immediately no sound. Sometimes we will be watching a show/movie and all of a sudden no sound. I have had it happen within Hulu, Prime Video, YouTube and Netflix apps.  But in ALL occurrences when I go back to home screen to do the system reset, I hear the “thunk” that roku produces with each move of the cursor/selection. So the roku is still sending sound thru the HDMI cable to the TV, it is just being selective as to which sound it will play.

Please fix as this is annoying  that we must restart daily and has been happening for months now.

Bigronman

Jump to solution

I have had my Roku Road for a couple years and not sure why the Roku behaves this way but always have to restart the Roku to get volume back.  It’s clearly got some bugs.  Hoping the next gen Roku is made with more quality.

Bigronman

Jump to solution

I just posted and want to echo that Roku should be offering a replacement for any hardware that has this chronic problem.  “Reboot” is not an acceptable solution!

SocalVal
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

At this point we need a class action suit.  this is apparently a glitch in their software and they don't want to acknowledge it.  My stick was so hot it burned my finger. I won't be buying another if they can't even admit their product needs work