Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How to fix no sound coming from my Roku streaming player

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We would recommend trying the following troubleshooting steps:

-If you have Roku TV, unplugged the TV for 5-10 minutes and then plug the TV back in and see if the issue is resolved.

- If you have a Roku device, unplug your Roku device from power for a minute, then plug it back in to see if this clear up the issue. In addition, try replacing the HDMI cable connecting your Roku device to your TV, or connect the Roku device to a different HDMI port on your TV. 

For more information, see this additional resource:

What to do if you do not hear sound from your Roku® streaming player

Let us know if you need further help from there! 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
joeydav1
Binge Watcher

Re: No sound

Jump to solution

Danny - have you not read this thread AT ALL? We'd done these thing. Wash, rinse, repeat. LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS. Something isn't right with your software.

Jump to solution

Unplugging doesn’t work, and frankly that’s insulting that you would assume that I’m an idiot and don’t know how to unplug. I need this fixed immediately, and it’s disgusting that 24/7 service is not offered. What is the correct fix for the problem? I do not pay this much for a faulty device! 

Imlottolady531
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you.  You saved me from a long miserable night and a fight with my husband!

RJ2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Why aren't you paying attention to what we wrote?? We have to reboot this **bleep** on a daily basis, we have done all that you have indicated and it DOESN'T WORK!! What are you guys going to do to make us satisfied, this Roku **bleep** is a joke. I'm already looking at Apple TV an possibly Android TV. So either help us or say goodbye to a lot of customers. 

anitaroy

Jump to solution

SUGGESTED SOLUTION:  If you have a Roku device, unplug your Roku device from power for a minute, then plug it back in to see if this clear up the issue. In addition, try replacing the HDMI cable connecting your Roku device to your TV, or connect the Roku device to a different HDMI port on your TV.

This did not work.  Any other suggestions?  I'm frustrated especially with your customer service.

Rich428
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R @RokuTannerD 

This one is one of the most puzzling.  One of my Ultras (4660) which is a source on my 8x2 matrix (right beside another Ultra 4670) no longer has audio.  Happened after the most recent update.  Thing is, the other Ultra is fine (as are 2 TiVo Bolts, a Samsung 4K BluRay, an ATV4K and a Control4 OSD)... AND THE TROUBLED ONE PLAYS if matrixed to the other zone. Crazy, right? 

I’m very very frustrated and have done every little thing I can think of as has AVPro Edge (matrix and balun mfr).  I have a ticket open, but those wheels turn very very slowly (2 weeks).  The Ultra is the primary video source for that Zone and it’s been down for 2 weeks (as of this coming Sunday).  HELP PLEASE! 

0 Kudos
Yessicanobles
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I tried what you recommended but it’s still not working properly. 

Imlottolady531
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I didn’t recommend it, but it worked perfectly for me!

0 Kudos
Ipaul75
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This did not work long term. What do I do now. These steps fix sound problem for a little while then goes out again. I end up restarting to get sound back. But like all other steps this temporarily fixes the problem.