Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bart1962

How to fix no sound coming from my Roku streaming player

Jump to solution

Until recently, I have been enjoying Roku premiere with no problems at all with the sound but now I am getting no sound at all on any channel but when I switch back to my television I have sound on it perfectly. This is very frustrating and I don't know what to do, please help.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How to fix no sound coming from my Roku streaming player

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We would recommend trying the following troubleshooting steps:

-If you have Roku TV, unplugged the TV for 5-10 minutes and then plug the TV back in and see if the issue is resolved.

- If you have a Roku device, unplug your Roku device from power for a minute, then plug it back in to see if this clear up the issue. In addition, try replacing the HDMI cable connecting your Roku device to your TV, or connect the Roku device to a different HDMI port on your TV. 

For more information, see this additional resource:

What to do if you do not hear sound from your Roku® streaming player

Let us know if you need further help from there! 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

Gibbyg
Reel Rookie

Re: No sound

Jump to solution

I tried all solutions suggested and none worked until this one. I reset the Roku audio to stereo and got the sound back on the apps where it was not working, Apple TV, Plex.

View solution in original post

340 REPLIES 340
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Bart1962  Thanks for the note here. Here are a few things to try: 

- Unplug your Roku device from power for a minute, then plug it back in to see if this clear up the issue. 

- Make sure you are using the included wall power adapter to power your Roku device. 

- Try replacing the HDMI cable connecting your Roku device to your TV, or connect the Roku device to a different HDMI port on your TV. 

Let us know if you need further help from there! 

Thanks,

Tanner

mralwake
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I also have no sound. In the volume control box, where you see the loudness, it shows a headphone icon but there are no headphones connected. I cannot figure out how to switch it to regular volume.

Thank you

jimthompson
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@Bart1962 wrote:

Until recently, I have been enjoying Roku premiere with no problems at all with the sound but now I am getting no sound at all on any channel but when I switch back to my television I have sound on it perfectly. This is very frustrating and I don't know what to do, please help.

I’m having the same issue with a streaming stick plus, model 3810. No idea how to fix. Any suggestions?

RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for the note here. Try disconnecting the power to your device for a moment, then plug it back in. This can occur when either remote or private listening has been enabled by connecting headphones to a Roku Enhanced remote, or when activating private listening in the Roku mobile app. 

If that still doesn't seem to clear up the issue, try resetting your device following the instructions provided here: https://support.roku.com/article/208757008-how-do-i-factory-reset-my-roku-streaming-device-

Thanks,

Tanner

linda24

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
linda24

Jump to solution

Thank you so very much.  If all else fails, unplug and then plug back in.  Ha Ha

jimthompson
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hey Linda 24, guess what?  That's exactly what I did, and it worked!

Thanks much,

Jim T.

GailK

Jump to solution

Unplugging and plugging back in worked for me too!  Don’t knock till you try it!!  😊

tess0_0

Jump to solution

Thanks!  Your suggestion worked like a charm.