Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mary-Beth

Re: How to fix 'insufficient power' or 'low power' warning

Jump to solution

I’m using wall outlet so this doesn’t fix my issues 

Mary-Beth

Re: Saying insufficient low power

Jump to solution

This doesn’t help

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Mary-Beth,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

If this issue is not resolved with insufficient power in your Roku device, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the serial number and the model of your Roku device.

Once we have this information, I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I received a low power warning but my Roku unit is already plugged in to a wall unit in my home.

Why would this happen?

Problem: I can access Netlix but cannot open any episodes that are listed for a Netflix movie.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @georgesmith

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Could you try using a different power cord and adapter? Let's see if that will make a difference. Please also reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Hoosier77

Jump to solution

What a joke.  “Be sure and send us….and we will pass it along”.  Add me to the list except mine are only 3 months old.  This problem has been going on for more than 3 years!    Wish I had found this earlier.  Roku is very good at one thing, keeping the bad news quiet..gotta give them that

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @Hoosier77

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Moliva
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am using ROKU Express 3900X since April 2019. I always use quality 5V/2A adapters. 

Serial No: YG00H5029726 and Device id: C3392H029726

Until 5-6 mooths ago I had no "Low Power" or "Insufficient Power" problem. Those problems occured once in few weeks. To solve the problem I had to disconnect power adapter from mains, wait 10-15 seconds and plug it again. The problem never occured while watching but when I wanter so start watching few hours later (while the device was usually in sleep mode.). However starting a week ago (after the latest software update) device started losing Wi-Fi connection displaying something like "No Internet, set up the connection". When I try to set the Wi-Fi connection again, this time "Low Power" screen appears, sometimes while watching Youtube, even sometimes during home screen. I have not observed this problem while watching Netflix yet. 

It seems that this problem (that keeps increasing in time), may not be related to overloading of the device.  I personally suspect the software updates, especially the latest one released on Sep 8, 2022. I would be thankfull if Roku  engineers spare some time to examine the software updates issued  in the last 8-10 months.

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @Moliva

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Please provide us with the following information for further investigation:

1. Software OS/version (this can be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

With this information, we will be able to assist you further. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Moliva
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Dear RokuKariza-D

Interestingly, no "Low Power error" happened since last night (about 24 hours passed) in contrast to 4-5 errors observed yesterday. 

For the time being, I am sending the Issue Tracker page as of 21:55 Ankara/Turkey time (UTC:18.50).

I will send you the tracker page when the "Low Power error" happens again. 

Current stuation: Operating perfectly

Software version: 11.0.0 - build 4193-51

Timestamp: 2022-08-17T18:50:23Z

Issue ID: 26-374-090

Model 3900X

Serial number: YG00H5029726  (C3392H029726)

I am also adding the "Software update" page:

Last checked: Sept 17 10:12 pm

Last updated: Sept 8  12:21 pm

Hope these help.

Best Regards

Moliva