Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StuGla
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku express power warning

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am having a similar issue with Roku stick SN E43951380124.  Low power (or no power) when plugged into either the TV usb, the roku usb plug, or another usb plug.  Please can you advise on a solution ? 

thanks,

Stuart

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @StuGla,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.

If you are powering your Roku by plugging into the USB port on the TV, try powering from a wall outlet via the USB power adapter that came with the Roku.

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot with low power issues: What to do if the red light is flashing, or you see a "low-power" warning | Official Roku Support Un... 

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
StuGla
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Mary,

Thanks for getting back to me.  

I tried this with several mains plugs adapters but unfortunately this does not work, and the stick does not power on at all and there are no lights.  I tried using another usb power lead  and this doesn’t work.  It looks as though the Roku stick is dead. 😞

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@StuGla

Thanks for the follow up.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
darinkb
Reel Rookie

Insufficient power warning

Jump to solution

This is not a problem with where you're putting it this is often a problem the Roku itself but they will not tell you that it's their device on the site. Just unplug it trade in the same port same thing happens try another way to plug it in. Like I said Roku will refuse to take responsibility for their device having an error

ellee101

Jump to solution

I plugged the USB cord into a SAMSUNG adapter and it worked for a few days then low power cut offs.  Then I used a power strip with usb adapters and same thing.  Now USB adapter in samsung in the new power strip.  This shouldn't happen!  I HAVE THE ROKU EXPRESS +

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @ellee101,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help.

If you are powering your Roku by plugging into the USB port on the TV, try powering from a wall outlet via the USB power adapter that came with the Roku.

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot with low power issues: What to do if the red light is flashing, or you see a "low-power" warning | Official Roku Support
If you are unable to resolve the issue, please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
markf1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same issue. It is showing insufficient power. The Roku device has been plugged into the wall at all times. Tried a different cable and charger. Can't bypass the message. What else can I do? Device has been working fine for almost three years.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @markf1,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community and we're sorry to hear that you're having this experience.

If this issue is not resolved, please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device?

I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
markf1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Mary,

Thank you. How can I message you the serial number? 

Best regards,

Mark

0 Kudos