Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku express power warning

Jump to solution

Hi @markf1,

Thanks for the follow-up.

You may provide your serial number by responding to this post. 

For reference, here's how you can find your serial number: How do I find the serial number or device ID for my Roku® streaming player? | Official Roku Support 

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there!

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
markf1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Mary,

Thank you. The link doesn't take me to an article but on the bottom of the Roku device I have a code: E6391E177461. Model number is 3900X and FCC ID is TC2-R1019. 

Best regards,

Mark

markf1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Mary,

Do you have any update yet on the issue with my Roku device?

Thank you,

Mark

Vocalsbyjoanna
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ya well guess what

After 10 months of no problems...SURPRISE

come on.

Do you really think I'm gonna buy that all of a sudden the electrical Ferry came in and zapped out all of our power???

or is it....buy another Roku stick?

Just tell me the truth so I can bypass hours of aggravation.

BS

Is what it is...

PS

After Moving my 150 inch monster Flat screen sitting on a special slab of granite..

All that you have to do is plug into different plug,  Apparently the electrical got eaten up by some monster in the wall because all I did was plug it into another extension not even a wall and it's fine now..

Now I don't even remember why I turned the stupid TV on so thank you very much for that....

Ugh..thanks roku for the hour long interruption that took less then a min.

So no need to get in touch with your Tech people... no need to tell you what ID I have and what roku system I'm using ...no need to private message anyone..

It's simple. 

Plug your regular plug 

Into a different outlet or wall...The End.

Unbelievable....

Is it cocktail hour yet...

Vocalsbyjoanna
Reel Rookie

Re: How to fix an 'insufficient power' or 'low power' warning on my Roku device

Jump to solution

Guess what... All you have to do is plug it into a different plug for some reason just doesn't like the plug it was using...

That's the actual outlet plug not the HDMI input...

BTW.

Your Welcome

Take that Roku Techies

lol 

Problem solved in less than a minute.

0 Kudos
wade1

Re: 5 mos. Roku quit with Insufficient Power Message

Jump to solution

My Roku had the insufficinet power message show up on my screen.  This Roku is plugged directly into a wall outlet.  I've tried all of the troubleshooting options on the Roku website and nothing has worked.  Do I need to get a new Roku?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @wade1,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear that you're having this experience, I will do my best to assist you.

Have you tried running the steps on this link to get your Roku device back up and running? What to do if the red light is flashing, or you see a "low-power" warning | Official Roku Support 

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team in assisting your further which includes the serial number/device id found in Settings > System > About.

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there!

Best regard,

Mary

0 Kudos
KC14

Re: Insufficient Power Warning

Jump to solution

It's simple the only solution is to buy another one.

frankcacc
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My roku stopped working, giving me the "insufficient power" screen. Tried a new cable, new power adapter, new outlet and nothing worked. We have an older model of the "express" I guess, it's just a flat rectangle as opposed to the rounded new version of the express. But I can't access the settings to get the serial number since I can't get into the device past the insufficient power message. Our roku has been working fine for months, what changed?!