Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aldaran2k1
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku express power warning

Jump to solution

Good afternoon, I am also getting the following message "Insufficient power The USB port on your TV will not power this RokU device" even though my device is plugged into an outlet.  I have followed all the troubleshooting steps in this forum with no success.  I do not have a red light flashing either.  Can you forward my information as well.  My serial number is YG00FH366422 and was installed back on 1/26/2020. 

StormyLD

Jump to solution

I am having this same exact issue. I have done everything that has been listed for trouble shooting even down to completely resetting the device. This is a device I was forced into buying because the last Roku I had went outdated and now I have this problem. The number that was listed on the  low power link it provided to me goes to some company and they just keep saying “we aren’t Roku” that number is 1-820-300-0460. I noticed now that that page is gone since yesterday 🤨. My device ID is c438ce881704

also when I call the main line to Roku y’all seem to never have tech support as an option. You only want to assist with setting up new rokus and billing issues. I’d like this resolved as y’all forced me into buying a new device and now I can’t even use it. 

Troyster
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The only way I can "fix" the low power issue is turn off tv, unplug/replug ROKU.  SO annoying. I had these on 3 TVS; got the ROKUS as upgrades, my TVs aren't old.  But it does not matter which outlet I switch them too.  Ridiculous.

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @aldaran2k1 @StormyLD

Thanks for the posts. 

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Troyster

We're here to help!

Please reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself.

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our support team for further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
aldaran2k1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you, but they weren't any help.  They asked me to do the same things as this post recommended and that's about it.  Since my player was more than a year old it wasn't under warranty so I just bought a new one.  I did use the new power cube and wires on the old player and it still had the same issue.  Then I used the old players power cube and wires on the new one and it worked fine.  Definitely it was the player that had some type of issue.  I just recommend getting a new one and don't waste your time on this issue.  There's no fix for it. 

Gprice

Saying insufficient low power

Jump to solution

My roku stick is doing the same and keeps coming up with insufficient power, it is plugged in at the main plug in the wall and in the hdmi. Has always worked and just started doing this

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Saying insufficient low power

Jump to solution

Hi @Gprice

We're sorry to hear that you're having this experience.

We recommend starting with trying all the troubleshooting steps in this Support link: What should I do if the red light is flashing, or I see a "low-power" warning?

If the issue persists, please reply here with the serial number/device ID of your Roku player. It can be viewed underneath the device itself. 

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Irene

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bmf1015

3 month old roku express plus 4k

Jump to solution

I am also having the same issue, I don't hava a usb port on my tv. I use the wall outlet and have to keep unplugging and plugging in the usb to the wall plug every time I use my express plus 4k, Please help

Troyster
Channel Surfer

Re: 3 month old roku express plus 4k

Jump to solution

There is no help, no solution from ROKU, no cords, no fixes.  My issue was solved with an AMAZON Firestick.  I had two TVs these did not work on; another TV was fine, and one TV was a newer one so who knows!  But other than unplug-replug, there is no solution.  Frustrating and ROKU does not respond.