Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Painpa

Re: Distorted Audio

Also happens with a 9 year old Vizio and a 2020 Samsung.  At first I thought it was the Vizio… So I bought a new Samsung and realized once I unplugged, completely, sometimes just letting it sit for a couple of minutes, it did the trick every time. It only does it however on my TV which is furthest away from the router.  

0 Kudos
Midstate
Reel Rookie

Turning the volume mode to

Off works!!

Midstate
Reel Rookie

Turning off the volume in volume mode works!!

Thank you so much! I thought it was my tv going downhill... unplugged and plugged back in-- problem solved!

dproach

Thanks! It worked!

JVThe9
Reel Rookie

I don't know how the heck turning off the menu noises worked, but it really worked. That said, this Boogernose dude was a real jerk. I can't believe this worked. Seriously. It defies my logic. 

iowagold
Reel Rookie

humm

i am getting distorted audio only on the roku channel..

trying to watch movie contact.

on the high action parts it is totally 150% distortion.

it is not doing it on the netfix or amazon apps

is this a known issue?

0 Kudos
lrattels
Channel Surfer

Tried that and it did not stop the distortion. I have also tried a factory reset. Unplugging my ROKU entirely and waiting a while before plugging it back in. Nothing works - it is unusable as it is. 

0 Kudos
Rparikh

thanks for helping, sound has returned

0 Kudos
JVThe9
Reel Rookie

The only thing that has worked for me every single time without fail is doing a system restart. It's a bit tedious I know but it works. Also, I've been finding I've been needing to do it far less than I used to have to do this so I'm wondering if there's something improving. 

TL;DR - System restart is your friend.