Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Savagefishstick
Reel Rookie

Re: How to fix Roku zoomed in and cutting screen off?

Jump to solution

NO, this has nothing to do with settings. It happens to me every other day on youtube and hulu and hbo anything. I have to restart the roku, its so annoying. What a terrible product and you pretend its our fault. youre awful 

vazlee
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have had the same issue happen. I went to the Roku settings. Then display type. I switched the display type to a different setting. Went through prompts to save settings. I then switched back to what it was. Basically I had it set to 4k, switched it to 1080p, then switched back to 4k. That resolved the issue.

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
bschomer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hey Danny I am having the same issue. It is on all channels and including the Home Screen. I’ve adjusted the settings and still zoomed in. Report tracker: Model: 4670X - Roku Ultra Serial Number: YJ00EP496926 (KW998E496926) Software Version: 10.5.0 build 4208-46 Timestamp 2022-01-22T17:20:27Z

issue ID: 26-031-280 

Running on an LG TV 55LB6300

Thank you:)

0 Kudos
Julesie

Screen zoomed in and nothing helps it

Jump to solution

I’ve tried changing the display settings, the theme, resetting the roku, changing my TV settings, unplugging the device… and nothing changes. It’s very frustrating having a large part of the screen cutoff 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@bschomer

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried connecting the device to another HDMI port as well as using another HDMI cable to see if the issue persists?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting the device to another TV to see if the issue occurs there too?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
vazlee
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello, 

i have not experienced the issue since toggling the setting. That resolved the issue for me. However if issue occurs again I will confirm and update.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Savagefishstick
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This only fixes it temporarily. no matter what it keeps going back to zooming in, I need a new device please

0 Kudos
Bhoward24
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue. This is my 3rd Roku Ultra in 2.5 years that has stopped working properly. Roku’s are junk. 

0 Kudos
bschomer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I do not understand why but the zoom picture setting somehow was changed most likely accidentally but I just don’t ever remember screwing with the settings until I actually had that issue. 

0 Kudos
bschomer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

If you have the same LG tv or anything even similar check into the picture zoom settings on the lg settings menu. For some reason mine was set to increased zoom despite trying to change the picture/zoom settings on the Roku OS.

0 Kudos