Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkC2
Reel Rookie

How to fix Netflix not playing videos on my Roku streaming device (other channels work fine)

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Ultra that has stopped playing videos though its Netflix app. The Prime and Disney app work just fine.  This started last week and its affecting 2 Roku boxes we have. The Netflix app starts fine and you can browse the catalog and even run a trailer, but when you start a movie it just spins on the loading screen at 0%. 

Netflix works on all other tablets and TVs just fine. One Roku device is connected thought WiFi and the other Ethernet. I have updated the Netflix app, and then deleted it and reloaded it and it still behaves the same. Any help would be helpful. 

Cheers

Mark

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to fix Netflix not playing videos on my Roku streaming device (other channels work fine)

Jump to solution

@MarkC2-

After removing a channel, best practice is to clear the Roku's memory by restarting it before reinstalling the channel.   Did you do this?  Without the restart you may not get a clean reinstall.

Depending on your Roku model and Roku version number you'll find the System restart option under either Settings > System or Settings > System > Power ... or just unplug from its power source for a few seconds then plug back in.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to fix Netflix not playing videos on my Roku streaming device (other channels work fine)

Jump to solution

@MarkC2-

After removing a channel, best practice is to clear the Roku's memory by restarting it before reinstalling the channel.   Did you do this?  Without the restart you may not get a clean reinstall.

Depending on your Roku model and Roku version number you'll find the System restart option under either Settings > System or Settings > System > Power ... or just unplug from its power source for a few seconds then plug back in.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
YazmineQuint
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Ultra - Netflix no está reproduciendo vídeos

Jump to solution

The same thing is happening to me and I haven't been able to watch Netflix for 1 week, I've tried everything and it's still the same, on phones and tablets they look very good but on roku TV no.

0 Kudos
MarkC2
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Ultra - Netflix not playing videos

Jump to solution

Thanks Makaiguy, that seems to work.  Both boxes are running Netflix properly again.

Cheers

Mark

YazmineQuint
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Ultra - Netflix not playing videos

Jump to solution

I'm still with the problem, it hasn't been solved!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra - Netflix no está reproduciendo vídeos

Jump to solution

@YazmineQuint

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? Are you seeing a message on screen?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kazhya

Jump to solution

I do have the same issue....

I reinstall Netflix apps several time but it didn t fixed it

I do have a TCL with build in Roku...no issue with Prime and other services, and no issue with fire stike.

It start downloading but stay stuck around 76%....and after i get weird picture. Its mostly happened with 4k

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Kazhya

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Do you receive an error message or code? Did you restart your Roku TV before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

Additionally, in order for this to work, you need a good network connection from your router to the Roku TV. You can see more here: How to check the connection to your home network and the internet

Hope this helps! Let us know how it goes. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos