Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john49
Reel Rookie

Re: How to fix HDCP Error Detected 020

Jump to solution

Don't bother. I tried all this and the error code popped up as soon as I restarted everything.

John

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@john49

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? 
-What Roku model device are you using? Is this a new Roku device, or have you had this for a while?

-What is your TV resolution?
-When did you start seeing this issue occur?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mike_s
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Why do you even go through the motions? BTDT, including providing multiple logs well over a year ago. Never heard back, problem still exists. Heck, I've even seen it on the NASA channel, which should have no copy protection/HDCP, as it's in the public domain. The problem is common enough that Roku should be able to reproduce it in your lab. Stop acting like it's your customer's problem to solve.

0 Kudos
john49
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I keep getting this 020 error code when the tv is first turned on.  It rarely, or never, occurs when the TV has been on awhile.  Always happens when an app like Roku or Youtube TV is selected.  Resetting with the remote usually works.  Turning off and unplugging and disconnecting also works, but not permanently.  It may occur the next time or maybe even a day or so later.  I've gone through setting the autodetect both ways, on and off. I've changed the input at least twice.  

It is a Roku Express 4K+.  It is a new device.  The old Roku worked fine, but did not have the TV controls.  The TV resolution is "1080p" if that's what you're looking for.  It also said "KDCP 1.4".  This error started a few days after installing the device. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@john49

Thanks for the follow up.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
john49
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

Ser. #: X01600G3AUR6    Model: 3941RW Roku Express 4K+   Version: 11.0.0   Build: 4193-CR 

0 Kudos