Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
royjohnson

Re: How to fix HDCP Error Detected 020

Jump to solution

hdcp was working fine last night.  Today we get an 020 error.

Tried the listed steps without any results.

rayt30

Jump to solution

I have multiple televisions, and recently 2 of them showed the HDCP error. I followed the steps, and it worked on one of them.  The other one, it only works for a while, then 24 hours later, I get the HDCP error again. This started recently and has been going on for weeks.  EVERY TIME I turn on that television, I get that same error, go through the recommended procedure, and it works, until the next time I turn on that television.

TPCoode
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So far so good. Thanks!

0 Kudos
JJ25
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have 4 tv's with model 3600 Roku sticks.  I stream live TV through Sling and everything worked fine.   About 3 months ago I bought a new Roku 3820x stick for its improved features and it worked fine until 2 weeks ago when I started getting the HDCP Error message.  I followed the instructions for fixing the problem and it worked for a couple days and the problem came back.  I used all 4 HDMI inputs on my TV.  The only fix was to remove the new 3820x and go back to my old 3600 stick which I am now using without a problem.

Is that a defective product?  If it isn't, I don't know what it might be.  It doesn't say much for this company.  I read the company response on every complaint for this product and it is a joke.  They have a problem and refuse to address the issue.  Don't buy from them and maybe they will start listening.  Their warranty policy and lack of honest customer support is the worst I have seem from any company.

Ronnego
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I don’t understand why I have to go through this unplugging and replugging 75% of the time when I turn on the tv. The other 25% it comes right on. When I do get the Error 020 message I have to go through the unplug/replug sequence multiple times before the picture comes on. It’s a TV not a radio. Very frustrating. 

0 Kudos
TPCoode
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Skeptastic - thank you, this seems to have worked in that I don’t have to unplug, turnoff, etc each time I go to watch Youtube TV. It’s not a true solution or something Roku should be proud of or take credit for though! My Roku is now “on” all the time in the background, draining power albeit a small amount. Thanks again.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are experiencing an HDCP error with your Roku device, please provide the requested information in @RokuMary-F's last post.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
oonsark
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Danny, 

For the benefit of others who will come after us... I wasted the better part of 2 months wrestling with ROKU regarding this issue.  Nothing fixed it, save for ROKU finally caving and sending me a replacement unit.  I've not once had the issue with the replacement unit.

meaton

Jump to solution

I keep getting this problem too.  I don't know how to fix it

@oonsark wrote:

Danny, 

For the benefit of others who will come after us... I wasted the better part of 2 months wrestling with ROKU regarding this issue.  Nothing fixed it, save for ROKU finally caving and sending me a replacement unit.  I've not once had the issue with the replacement unit.

mike_s
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You can't fix it. Roku can't, either, but won't admit it because it's likely a hardware problem and they'd have to exchange a boatload of boxes.

0 Kudos