Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sfrichie415
Level 7

How to enable Dolby Atmos on Vudu and Netflix through the Roku premiere

Hello, I just purchased a Roku premiere 4k unit so I could get Dolby Atmos on Vudu, Netflix and Disney+. I currently have a Marantz sr6014 with a full Atmos set up. I checked all the audio settings on the Roku and they are set to auto detect. I am able to get Atmos though Disney+ but I can't get it on Netflix or Vudu. I have 4k titles on Vudu and I have the Netflix 4k package with the setting set to high for streaming, and no Atmos. I have a Panasonic 4k bd player and I get atmos through Netflix no problem. I'm wondering if Roku made an update not to support Atmos on those apps or if they just don't support it yet, or if it's only available on the high-end Roku 4k. The whole reason I bought it was to get atmos on those 3 apps. I will return it if it's not possible. And all my connections are 100% correct, since I am a professional av installer. No issues there. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Patrick714
Level 7

Re: How to enable Dolby Atmos on Vudu and Netflix through the Roku premiere

Same here. I just purchased a Roku Premiere and rented a 4k Dolby Atmos movie from Vudu. My Roku is attached to a hi end Yamaha 3020 receiver and it shows Dolby Digital Surround but no Dolby Atmos. Have not tried Amazon Prime but I expect the same disappointing result.

0 Kudos
Bode
Level 7

Try setting your Yamaha to Scene 2. Make sure your hdmi setting is set to “on.” 
let me know if that turns on Atmos.

0 Kudos
Gonzachile
Level 7

@Sfrichie415 I have the same problem here, could your Roku Premiere get Dolby Atmos? 

0 Kudos
smeekteek
Level 7

The product support page, on this site, shows that the Roku Premiere DOES NOT support Dolby Atmos. So basically, you have to pay $50 more dollars to get Atmos.

0 Kudos