Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hal1226
Reel Rookie

How to adjust volume on Roku Express? How to turn off TV? There is no off button.

I just bought a Roku Express. There is no off button. How do I turn off TV? There is no volume button. How do I adjust volume? I had the device attached with an HDMI cable to a Samsung television. 

On my last Roku device, there were volume buttons and an on/off switch.

Thanks to all.

3 REPLIES 3
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Re: How to adjust volume on Roku Express? How to turn off TV? There is no off button.

You bought a Roku with a simple remote. If you want those features then return the Roku just bought for one with a remote that has volume and tv power. 

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Re: How to adjust volume on Roku Express? How to turn off TV? There is no off button.

This is what you bought right? It tells right on the box and the picture shows no power button. It’s always why it was inexpensive 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Roku-Express-HD-Streaming-Media-Player-with-High-Speed-HDMI-Cable-and-Sim...

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Hal1226 

You could get a Voice Remote to work with an Express, and give you what you want. But they're $20. It would be more cost effective to return the Roku Express and get an Express 4K+ in its stead.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."