Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

How do I remove the menu voice coming over my speakers when I change the menu?

Jump to solution

How do I remove the menu voice coming over the speakers when I am changing the channels or otherwise moving around on the screen? It is very annoying to keep hearing this voice coming on all the time. Please tell me how I can disable this. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Level 21

Re: How do I remove the menu voice coming over my speakers when I change the menu?

Jump to solution

Press * four times in rapid succession or look for the accessibility settings.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Level 21

Re: How do I remove the menu voice coming over my speakers when I change the menu?

Jump to solution

Press * four times in rapid succession or look for the accessibility settings.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

I've pressed the "*" button 4 consecutive times fast and have turned it Off but still continues. Very annoying.

0 Kudos
Level 21

Jump to solution

@Hope-Helen wrote:

I've pressed the "*" button 4 consecutive times fast and have turned it Off but still continues. Very annoying.

Check the accessibility settings in the menu and see if voice guide is still enabled. If it's off, the voice guide is coming from something other than the Roku. What model Roku are you using, and what TV do you have?

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

TCL-4 Series-2160p-Smart-4K UHD TV w/HDR-Roku TV

0 Kudos