Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pshoule
Level 7

How can I stop Roku Ultra from streaming if there is no off button?

Hello everyone,

I now seem to understand that there is no way to turn off my Roku Ultra, please correct me if I am wrong. However, this poses another interesting dilemma. My Ultra is plugged into my Bose SoundTouch soundbar and since it won't stop streaming, I can't just change the source from the Roku to say TV because it will revert to the Roku after a few seconds.  So, I cannot use the browser on my TV until the Roku has gone to sleep.

Can someone help me?

Thanks

Simon

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: How can I stop Roku Ultra from streaming if there is no off button?

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

We recommend that if you wish you turn off your device when not streaming that you unplug the power cable to your Roku device or using a power strip for ease and convenience.

For more information about powering your Roku device on and off, please visit our Support page: Can I power my Roku® streaming player on or off?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

Re: How can I stop Roku Ultra from streaming if there is no off button?

Always hit the Home button on the Roku when you are done watching something. This always stops all streaming and takes you to the Roku home page. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos