Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StreambarUser27
Level 9

Horrible Lip Sync Issues on Roku Streambar -- is eARC possible?

Hello- Besides the lack of Spectrum TV app, I am having a major lip sync / audio delay issue with my new Roku Streambar.  Is anyone else having this issue?  I have several sound corrections selected on the Streambar (low bass, low voice amplication or whatever it's called, and occasionally sound leveling) -- and the sound is VERY delayed / the picture is always ahead of the sound.

Does anyone else have this major issue?  It is especially predominant when playing Chromecast with Google TV thru Samsung Class 7 TV into Streambar via HDMI ARC.

Is there any possibility that eARC will be available on Roku Streambar?  My TV already has eARC port.  I read that eARC fixed lip sync / audio delay issues automatically.

Thoughts?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Horrible Lip Sync Issues on Roku Streambar -- is eARC possible?

As a troubleshooting method, try turning OFF all the sound corrections/tweaks, turning off ALL devices in the HDMI chain for a few minutes, and then see if the AV sync issues remain.

Also, if you are using the TV as an HDMI hub, you'll want to use/modify its AV sync settings first.

Finally, the chances of the StreamBar getting eARC are none.

(Since eARC is really only needed when sending lossless audio through the TV (as an HDMI hub), and since the HDMI port is out/ARC only, and it cant accept lossless audio otherwise because it has no current licensing support for it (DTHD/DTS MA etc) regardless.)

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
StreambarUser27
Level 9

Re: Horrible Lip Sync Issues on Roku Streambar -- is eARC possible?

An issue is that the Streambar audio is delayed — the lips on the TV move, and THEN the sound finally comes out of their lips. Most TVs (including mine) can only correct the opposite problem (they can delay the audio if the speech comes before the lips move on video). 

Does anyone else have this issue with Streambar? Audio is delayed compared to video and thus no way to use TV lip sync correction?

This is not an issue when using Roku for video playback. But it is a major issue when using TV, Chromecast, Fire Stick as the source. Seems like Streambar is spending too much time processing the audio causing it a delay?

0 Kudos