Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tmass
Level 7

Hit play from screensaver it sends you to a different streaming service

Jump to solution

When I pause YouTube tv, the (Roku) screen saver appears eventually. When I hit play, it shows a different app of of the Home Screen. Sometimes it says enter your (Roku) pin to add this channel which is some random service on my Home Screen. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Hit play from screensaver it sends you to a different streaming service

Jump to solution

Unfortunately Roku made the decision to make certain of their screensavers "active" with ads - meaning they have selectable ad elements - and they are selected by pressing the Play/Pause button.  These active/selectable ad elements are to select/play content/apps, which is why they drop out of the current app and attempt to load (or install if it isnt already installed) the required app for the content.

You'll need to select another screensaver (without active/selectable elements) to avoid this issue:  The Roku Clock/Mobile/4K/Skyline/Aquatic Life/Logo Rain all work (no active ads).

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4\
Strega
Level 15

Jump to solution

If you want to keep using that particular screen saver, then when an ad for another channel comes up, press something else like OK rather than Play.

Or, if you don't want to learn a new button, select one of the other screen savers.  For example, the Roku clock screen savers have no ads.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser

Jump to solution

Unfortunately Roku made the decision to make certain of their screensavers "active" with ads - meaning they have selectable ad elements - and they are selected by pressing the Play/Pause button.  These active/selectable ad elements are to select/play content/apps, which is why they drop out of the current app and attempt to load (or install if it isnt already installed) the required app for the content.

You'll need to select another screensaver (without active/selectable elements) to avoid this issue:  The Roku Clock/Mobile/4K/Skyline/Aquatic Life/Logo Rain all work (no active ads).

StreamerUser

View solution in original post

Tmass
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for the help! I changed the screensaver on all my devices and all functions are back to normal pause and play. 

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

Get out of the habit of using Play/Pause when the screensaver comes up.  Use one of the arrow buttons to get rid of the screensaver.

0 Kudos