Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MickeyWobble
Channel Surfer

Re: Hisense Roku TV dark screen

Sounds like bad luck for you 

total disconnect .. (remove socket from the wall) leave for slow count of 20, only then plug back into the power

sorts it

(mines a  65”)

lasted virtually all this year so far since the reset  🤷🏻‍♂️

0 Kudos
leilani2018
Reel Rookie

I don’t understand your complaints about a horrible experience with this company, I can bet the reply was more of a venting of frustration, so your tv problem was magically fixed in 30 seconds, nobody cares, there’s a hundred versions of the same message here, im glad he posted this and I guarantee if he had fell for “need your credit card info” he would have been lucky to get a tv much less a refund that would never come, ever checked shipping to china? 😂 you can buy a brand new one here for less…

@MickeyWobble wrote:

I don’t understand your long winded complaint.

the advice on the forum is

unplug it,

wait 30 seconds,

plug it back in,

fixed.

I followed this advice, it worked.

🤷🏻‍♂️

hope you get it sorted 

🙄 

0 Kudos
chipm

Yah...  Same thing happened to us with a 50" Hisense Roku model.  Actually 2nd time.  First time eventually healed itself.  This time unplugged TV and waited a minute.  Perfection. 

0 Kudos
Eli8

Thank you it worked !!!!!

0 Kudos
SGWade56
Reel Rookie

Thanks. My Hisense has worked flawlessly for two years until this afternoon! 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@SGWade56

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Marshal
Binge Watcher

Check your tv power state

Before attempting any troubleshooting steps or methods to fix this black screen issue, check your tv's red light because a TV shows the black screen only when it's not turned on. So, it'll be better to check that the power led light would light up while turning on the Roku tv.

If your Roku isn't showing any red light, then follow this detailed guide on HOW TO FIX HISENSE ROKU TV BLACK/DARK SCREEN.

0 Kudos
Jennifer83641
Reel Rookie

I have tried unplugging, plugging it back in. Same problem. The tv powers on but nothing but a dark blue screen. No logo absolutely nothing. It has been working fine. Today it was in the standby state, the screen saver, then it powered off. I turned it on a couple hours later and just the dark blue screen. Unplugging and plugging back in didn’t help. I don’t know what else to do. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
MickeyWobble
Channel Surfer

Hi

i ensured the unplug was left for 5 minutes, to allow any “held settings” to dissipate. 
It wasn’t an immediate IT “turn it off and on again” lol

that worked for me. I hope it works for you. 
kind regards 

0 Kudos
MickeyWobble
Channel Surfer

(The advice to me was 20 seconds but I always leave it longer to make sure)

0 Kudos