Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BMW102974
Level 7

Hisense Roku TV 50" green screen problems

I've had my Hisense Roku TV 50" for nearly 2 years now. On Jan 14, 2021...my TV started doing this odd green screen thing on my HDMI and only during video playback of streaming services. TV works fine on my antenna channels, and going through main areas of streaming apps. As soon as I choose a video to play, it goes to green screen. If I fire up my XBox, same green screen effect. Sound still plays, and even part of the menus of the streaming services appear over the top. If I restart the TV, or unplug and pug it back in, it goes back to normal for a while. If this is going to be a thing, I'm just going to purchase a new non-Roku TV of a different brand. Sad part is that I also have a Hisense Roku 32" in my bedroom. It better not have the same issue. 

This seems to be something with Roku TVs, so will be watching this very closely before purchasing a replacement for my main TV.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vickir
Level 7

Re: Hisense Roku TV 50" green screen problems

We have a 55" Hitachi Roku tv. Same thing happened last night and today. Each time I unplug the TV and the green screen goes away. I am also hearing of people with TCL Roku tv's having the same problem. Our Tv isn't a year old yet. I will advise people not to buy a Roku TV until this is fixed.

JYousse
Level 7

Re: Hisense Roku TV 50" green screen problems

My TCL Roku tv started having the same problem.  The problem started about the same time Roku did a system update.  My guess would be there is a problem in their recent update.  I hope they are reading this forum.  I don't know how to contact them otherwise.  Hopefully they will get the problem corrected.

0 Kudos
Larry7877
Level 7

ONN 65 inch Roku tv green screen problems

Mine went green today. Everything looks fine like the menus and once I click on a movie or show its green. Did anyone come up with a way to fix this yet? 

0 Kudos