Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

High-pitched whine while on menu screen.

As above. High-pitched whine while on menu screen with the Roku Express, which is only solved by muting the TV. The whine is present constantly on the main menu, and you can hear it every time there’s a gap between programmes or adverts, no matter which channel. 

I’ve tried powering the Roku through the wall outlet instead of through the TV itself, but it’s no better. This is our second Roku and the first one had no such problems, but was increasingly slow so we upgraded. Big mistake. Huge.

It’s enough to make me chuck it in the bin and get a FireStick instead.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: High-pitched whine while on menu screen.

i’m having the same problem, i recently had my roku express delivered to my house and while on the main menu and during programmes, adverts etc there is a high pitch sound. i’ve changed the usb and plugged into tv and also wall and changed the hdmi and used different ports and each time it’s doing the same thing. i’ve had the roku express a day and that’s all it’s done. can anyone help please? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: High-pitched whine while on menu screen.

Same issue here - brand new express+ and it has a high whine when on the home screen - suggestions welcomed. 

0 Kudos