Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RinWall
Level 7

Help I cant get my XBox 1 to connect to my Roku TV

I recently got a Roku TV and I am very pleased with it. One dissapointing factor is when I go to play my XBox, it says "No signal (is it on?)" I dont know what to do. I"ve tried unplugging and plugging back in turning on and off, and resetting where I put the HDMI. What do I do to fix this!
0 Kudos
15 Replies
knuckle
Level 7

Re: Help I cant get my XBox 1 to connect to my Roku TV

might try two things

1 -- a different HDMI cable

2-- with the XBOX hooked up and running power cycle ( unplug the TV ) for a few seconds

good luck
ROKU 3 4114AT076252
ROKU 2 LT 16A182002191
ROKU 2 LT #2 16A19K025194
ROKU HD 18D2CP067635
Roku TV 2N002P050587 2WE012050587
ROKU HDMI STICK 5S35CF000124
Roku Express + YU000X236772
all running wireless on a Technicolor C2000T
0 Kudos
RinWall
Level 7

"knuckle" wrote:
might try two things

1 -- a different HDMI cable

2-- with the XBOX hooked up and running power cycle ( unplug the TV ) for a few seconds

good luck

I dont own another hdmi cable and that one has always worked before. Idk why it isnt working now. And i tried the second sugestion. Didn't work. ;_;
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

One thing I discovered when I installed my Ultra was that an HDMI cable that seems to work OK, may in fact not be working correctly. Now, you're not dealing with 4K video, but it's always possible that the cable you think is working fine might still have a flaw. My cable seemed to be working fine, but after replacement and curing of my 4K issues I realized there were a few issues that I had kind of dismissed as nothing, but were in fact a cable issue.

You don't need to buy uber-expensive cables. I bought a two pack of 3' Amazon Basics HDMI 2.0 cables for under $10, and all my connection issues went away.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
gmaster28
Level 7

Hey I found this video on youtube.  It might work for you.  I am not sure though.  There are alot of issues like this on google too.  Let us know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-HBkOxa5WY
0 Kudos
RinWall
Level 7

"atc98092" wrote:
One thing I discovered when I installed my Ultra was that an HDMI cable that seems to work OK, may in fact not be working correctly. Now, you're not dealing with 4K video, but it's always possible that the cable you think is working fine might still have a flaw. My cable seemed to be working fine, but after replacement and curing of my 4K issues I realized there were a few issues that I had kind of dismissed as nothing, but were in fact a cable issue.

You don't need to buy uber-expensive cables. I bought a two pack of 3' Amazon Basics HDMI 2.0 cables for under $10, and all my connection issues went away.

Bought a new hdmi cable. Didnt work. ;_;
0 Kudos
RinWall
Level 7

"gmaster28" wrote:
Hey I found this video on youtube.  It might work for you.  I am not sure though.  There are alot of issues like this on google too.  Let us know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-HBkOxa5WY

Tried it, didnt work. Thanks though ;_;
0 Kudos
gmaster28
Level 7

Are you sure you have it plugged into the hdmi out, not hdmi in on the back of your xbox one?  Have you tried using a different hdmi input on your tv?  Do you have another tv you can try it on?
0 Kudos
Gfmfrazier
Level 7

Any luck just purchased this tv and same issue no signal is it on?
0 Kudos

When you just hover over the Xbox cube on the home screen, you will see in the top left corner that it says HDMI 2. Be sure your HDMI cable is plugged into the second port rather than the first or third. Once it is plugged into the second port and have the Xbox turned on, you should be ready to go. Smiley Happy
0 Kudos