Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
guitarz6
Channel Surfer

Have to restart Ultra every time

Every single time I power on the TV and Roku Ultra, the first time I try to load a channel the screen goes black and the Ultra is unresponsive to any button on the remote.  I then have to unplug / re-plug the Ultra to load anything.  This happens regardless of what channel I try to load.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Have to restart Ultra every time

@guitarz6-

My guess is your problem is caused by a change introduced by Roku operating system version 10.5. It added added a new "Power" item in the "Settings > System" menu for some of the latest Roku models.

If you have a "Settings > System > Power" menu item, under "Auto power savings" see if deactivating any power saving options you find there keeps the Roku from shutting down.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
ledruide

I have the same problem, but I refuse to adopt the solution of disabling the Power Saver function. That would keep my Ultra fully powered up all the time. Did you folks not hear there is a climate crisis that requires conscientious people to try not to waste energy? What I want is an option that powers the Roku down completely after it's been idle for X minutes. Yes, that will make it reboot every time it is powered up, but that's a good thing. That's how my Roku express work, bbecause it's powered from the TV's USB bus.  I don't mind the brief wait for it to boot, especially when compared to the wasteful work-around suggested here for what is clearly a flaw in the product.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@ledruide, the place for suggestions is:

Suggest a Feature | Roku Community | Roku

For more than a decade that setting wasn't even available and it clearly causes more trouble than the 1 Watt of savings is worth.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos