Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Laura22
Level 7

Have to go to options and volume mode everytime to watch something

I have  a TCL Roku tv. When I turn it on it has sound. You can hear the clicks. However, when I go to watch a program, either antenna tv or any app, there is no sound. I have to go to options, volume and taggle thru to get leveling even though it is already on leveling. I have done a soft reset and still nothing. Please help. This is frustrating. Thank you.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Pscianna
Level 7

Re: Have to go to options and volume mode everytime to watch something

I have the same problem and need to do the Volume Mode toggling work around. Extremely frustrating. i can find no permanent fix either. 

Pscianna
Level 7

I just found what seems to be a permanent fix for me. I drilled down from HOME - SETTINGS - SYSTEM - ADVANCED SYSTEM SETTINGS - FACTORY RESET - RESET TV AUDIO/PICTURE SETTINGS and pressed play/pause 3 times as instructed for reset. 

Audio seems to work normally now and I can’t break it by any FF or REW or any other function that I could think of..

I hope it works for you.

Laura22
Level 7

I tried that. No luck! Glad it worked for you. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Laura22
Level 7

I fixed my issue. I unplugged the tv for 10 minutes and plugged it back in. It works great now! I hope you get your issue fixed as well!

0 Kudos
Olddiva
Level 7

Have tried it all and the default, workable steps to retrieve sound is OPTIONS/VOLUME MODE/LEVELING, which becomes repetitive and tiring, with each channel selection.

I’m not a happy camper.

0 Kudos