Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yeowvan
Level 7

Have to cycle power to start Roku 4

I have a Roku 4 and it works just fine.  However, it will not power on with the Home button on the remote and I have to cycle the power (unplug it and plug it back in) to get it to start.  The batteries in the remote are fine and after i cycle the power it is fully functional.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Have to cycle power to start Roku 4

Hey @yeowvan

Thanks for reaching out.

You can try using a different power adaptor to your Roku 4 to see if that will resolve the issue you're experiencing.

Moreover, please be aware that Roku 4 (4400X) is an older Roku device that is no longer under warranty. If you need a replacement power adaptor, you can purchase it on our Product page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
AmazonFireStick
Level 7

I purchased a Roku Ultra LT on October 10, 2021.  In order to get my Roku to function I almost always have to unplug and plug it back in.  It is a new device with a SKU# 4662RW.  Can anything be done to get this otherwise fantastic device to function properly.

0 Kudos
Captainhowdy39
Level 7

I am having the same problem,but my roku is brand new 4k. Just installed it 2 days ago.I am looking for help,and I shouldn't have to replace a brand new power cord.

0 Kudos