Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cg9205
Reel Rookie

HMDI to RCA convertor

How can I get a signal with my Roku Express once it is connected to a HDMI to RCA convertor? 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: HMDI to RCA convertor

If the converter is working properly, it should show up on the AV outputs. Or, you could get an Express+, which has RCA outputs, in addition to HDMI.

0 Kudos
cg9205
Reel Rookie

I worked on it after I posted. I began receiving an error message that TV power was to low, even thought it was not connected to the TV.  I kept playing with it, and finally got it to work properly.  Thanks for taking the time to get back to me. Happy New Year.

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

@andyross wrote:

If the converter is working properly, it should show up on the AV outputs. Or, you could get an Express+, which has RCA outputs, in addition to HDMI.

Sorry for being two years late, but only the 3710 and 3910 models use analog RCA/composite outputs.  The 3931 is HDMI-only. 

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos