Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iFrog
Roku Guru

HDR on Paramount+ confirmed fixed.

Hey all,

Just wanted to post a new topic and confirm that HDR on Paramount+ is now working on the Roku Platform.

Tested on a Roku Ultra 4800

Tested Star Trek Discovery, and Star Trek Strange New Worlds.

Both shows played in HDR10, as I don't have Dolby Vision, and they also played 5.1 Dolby Digital Plus as the shows do not contain Atmos.

Have a great day!

8 REPLIES 8
blade_005
Roku Guru

Re: HDR on Paramount+ confirmed fixed.

@iFrog wrote:

Hey all,

Just wanted to post a new topic and confirm that HDR on Paramount+ is now working on the Roku Platform.

Both shows played in HDR10, as I don't have Dolby Vision, and they also played 5.1 Dolby Digital Plus as the shows do not contain Atmos.

FYI. Tested on a TCL Roku TV and can confirm that 4K HDR/DV and ATMOS are now available. Tested on latest episode of HALO and received 4K Dolby Vision and Dolby ATMOS.

First saw a note over in the Roku discussion thread in the AVS forum on Friday. Interesting that there was not a major version number or build number change to the Paramount+ app for this support to return. Don't know if something was updated on the Roku OS firmware side or if a server-side change occurred with the Paramount+ app. Either way, nice to see this support return. Smiley Happy

BenQ HT2060 4LED Projector | ONN 5.1.2 Dolby ATMOS Soundbar | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | FTV4K MAX
0 Kudos
iFrog
Roku Guru

@blade_005 wrote:

@iFrog wrote:

Hey all,

FYI. Tested on a TCL Roku TV and can confirm that 4K HDR/DV and ATMOS are now available. Tested on latest episode of HALO and received 4K Dolby Vision and Dolby ATMOS.

First saw a note over in the Roku discussion thread in the AVS forum on Friday. Interesting that there was not a major version number or build number change to the Paramount+ app for this support to return. Don't know if something was updated on the Roku OS firmware side or if a server-side change occurred with the Paramount+ app. Either way, nice to see this support return. Smiley Happy

That's where I saw the post about it being fixed was the AVS Forum Roku thread.  Since  there wasn't a thread here about it being fixed, I thought I would create one so people know.

0 Kudos
bohratom
Streaming Star

Only took them around 5+ months, Smiley LOL I also can confirm my TCL 4K HDR Roku TV v11.0.0 can once again play the same 4k-HDR material that it could months ago before the v10.5 rollout. Roku v10.5 was fubar playing any type of Paramount+ 4K HDR.... I've included a snippet from Paramount+ website about Roku v10.5 not working for 4k HDR, let's hope the next version does not do the same. 

roku.png

0 Kudos
iFrog
Roku Guru

Hey all, just posting another update as I really spent some real time with the Roku and Paramount+ this morning.  Today I watched Sonic 2 on Paramount + and happy to say both HDR, and Atmos worked perfectly.  So hopefully more people will see this and be encouraged to use the Roku with Paramount+ again.

0 Kudos
QualityGuy
Reel Rookie

I don't think it's fixed - Tuesday night (5/24) it seemed to be, but yesterday couldn't get anything that was supposed to be in HDR to trigger the HRD flag.  I'll try again today but since nothing changed with the Roku software rev or the Paramount+ app rev - I don't see how it worked one day and not the next - also the screen goes blank at multiple times prior to launching any stream - was not doing that before either.

0 Kudos
iFrog
Roku Guru

@QualityGuy wrote:

I don't think it's fixed - Tuesday night (5/24) it seemed to be, but yesterday couldn't get anything that was supposed to be in HDR to trigger the HRD flag.  I'll try again today but since nothing changed with the Roku software rev or the Paramount+ app rev - I don't see how it worked one day and not the next - also the screen goes blank at multiple times prior to launching any stream - was not doing that before either.

I watched some Star Trek Strange New Worlds this morning, and everything was working as expected.  Possibly a geographic issue e.g. something wrong in your area, or between your area and the delivery servers.  Maybe a glitch that a reboot might fix.  My Roku model is the 4800 (2020 Ultra)

0 Kudos
QualityGuy
Reel Rookie

I have a 3920x Roku Premier which streams HD/4K/HDR (I believe 2018 vintage) - seems to be working this morning - I manually checked for updates - there we're none but the Roku indicated it was "aligning solar panels"... we'll see if it's really fixed as I don't understand if no versions of firmware/software were updated what paramount or Roku changed to get this 5-6 month old problem resolved.

0 Kudos
iFrog
Roku Guru

@QualityGuy wrote:

I have a 3920x Roku Premier which streams HD/4K/HDR (I believe 2018 vintage) - seems to be working this morning - I manually checked for updates - there we're none but the Roku indicated it was "aligning solar panels"... we'll see if it's really fixed as I don't understand if no versions of firmware/software were updated what paramount or Roku changed to get this 5-6 month old problem resolved.

Check out the Roku thread on AVSForum.  The fix was posted there, at least that's where I found out about it, and then brought it here for people to know about.  The Link to that forum thread is here: Official ROKU 4K (HDR) Premiere +/Ultra Owners Thread

0 Kudos