Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alan_buck1982
Level 7

Re: HDR Not working with 4K on Netflix or Amazon streaming

Same issue, I have the Roku 4K Streaming Stick+ and HDR content on Netflix is washed out. Switched over to my 4K Blu-ray player and no issue. So it is definitely the Roku device. Very disappointed as I like the Roku interface better than the Amazon Fire stick. But if you don’t get 4K hdr what good is that.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Alan_buck1982

Thanks for the post.
Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? How are you connecting to the Roku device? Is it plugged directly into the TV or is it connected to a home theater setup? What specific content are you trying to watch and on which channel? Have you tried using another HDMI port on your TV to see if that helps? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are seeing?

With more specific information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Alan_buck1982
Level 7

Hi Danny,

I have a Pioneer Elite vsx-301 connected to an Optoma UHD60 projector and on HDMI - 1 I have a Samsung 4K Blu-ray player, on HDMI- 2 I have a 4K tv tuner, and on HDMI - 3 I have the Roku 4K Streaming+ stick. I found that the HDMI 1&2 are showing 4K HDR but HDMI 3 using the Roku is not. I did go into the Optoma configuration and set HDR to force it instead of auto. It did seem to work but brightness was decreased on the Roku but not the Blu-ray player. Normally I run it to auto detect HDR content because non HDR content doesn’t look so hot when is is always on. The show I was watching was on Netflix, Life in Color with David Attenborough. I hope you figure it out because your interface is the best.

0 Kudos
Alan_buck1982
Level 7

Ps, all 3 HDMI ports are HDCP 2.2.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Alan_buck1982

Thanks for the posts.

Have you tried using another HDMI port to see if you are still experiencing the same issue that you are seeing?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
turnne
Level 7

I have a Pioneer Elite LX701 receiver connected to a Samsung KS9800 television

The ROKU 3941R and it does not recognize 4K HDR

The Samsung 4K disc player connected to the same system plays fine and does 4K HDR

I have switched cables and nothing has changed. The Roku is still not working with HDR

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@turnne

Thanks for the post.

When you connect your Roku device directly to your TV, are you still experiencing video playback issues?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
turnne
Level 7

I connected the ROKU directly to the TV

It seems to be working fine now

I dont understand how that is possible when other sources play fine through the Pioneer LX701

Interesting??

0 Kudos
GiePogi
Level 7

Hi Danny-R,

I have the 2020 Roku Ultra connected to the AVR, a Denon X2700H. My display is an XGIMI RS PRO2 Projector. When I fire up the home theatre, I couldnt get HDR, only 4k60FPS. When i try and troubleshoot and connect the Roku Ultra directly to the projector, it works flawlessly.

Please let me know what I can do.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
baddceo
Level 10

Check your Denon settings there should be an option for direct pass through or enhanced viewing of some kind.  Specifically make sure your Denon is not performing any upscaling.  It has to be at the receiver if it works when you bypass it.

0 Kudos