Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdford
Level 7

HDMI issues in 1080p since update on 11/1

I have a Roku 3 on a pretty old Mitsubishi 65" that's having HDMI syncing issues after the last update.  Everything was working fine even with the Halloween background update but when it updated again on 11/1 it won't work in 1080p mode.  480p works but when I try to switch it to 1080p it won't sync up and stays that way even if it tries to switch back to 480p.   I then have to reboot it to show 480p again.

My Roku Ultra never worked on it at all - 480p shows just the lower left quadrant and it won't switch to 1080p at all.  However, the Roku 3 was working just fine although I had to manually switch it to 1080p every time I turn it on.  Hoping to get this resolved without resorting to a new TV...

0 Kudos
2 Replies
boogernose
Level 9

Re: HDMI issues in 1080p since update on 11/1

Go into settings on the Roku home screen Settings/Display type.>>. set it to 720p if you can.

1080p is problematic and you cant see a difference especially on an old TV. Probably do need a new Tv.

I dont recommend a smart TV though. Get a Stupid one.

0 Kudos
mdford
Level 7

Re: HDMI issues in 1080p since update on 11/1

Tried that also, same result.  480p is the only one that works but it looks terrible of course.

The TV only supports 1080i and 480p natively, 720p kicks in 1080i mode but doesn't sync anymore.

0 Kudos