Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carpetbagger
Level 7

HDMC ruining my Roku experience. Help.

I just purchased two roku sticks to replace my Amazon firesticks. I keep getting the same message about the hdmc at the bottom of the screen. This is so annoying. The whole screen doesn't go blank but the message is distracting. I have tried everything i've found on help sites to no avail. Ii am going to return the roku sticks and go back to the firesticks. I cannot imagine roku hasn't jumped all over this with a fix. I cannot imagine how much business this has cost them. I have a friend that was going to purchase three, however i am going to relay my experience to him. I think the only way you can use this right out of the box is with a smart tv. I plugged on into my smart tv and it worked fine, however the other four tv's i was going to use roku on are not smart tv's. Roku needsto seriously address this issue before they loose too much business. Word of mouth can be very damaging to a company's sales.possibly if i could find a tech support phone number it might help.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
socantra
Level 7

Re: HDMC ruining my Roku experience. Help.

Could you be more specific as to the problems you are having.  I am using 2 Roku sticks, one with an ordinary (non-smart) TV and the other with a computer monitor and having no issues.
Please attempt to maintain a thin veneer of civility.
Remember, you are speaking to strangers on the internet,
not your own family at home.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Re: HDMC ruining my Roku experience. Help.

Please confirm the message. Does it say HDCP?
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos