Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

HDCP errors must stop!

I "upgraded" from a Premiere+ (maybe 3 years old?) to a 2020 Ultra , because - DolbyVision.. Absolutely nothing else was changed, just a plug and play swap. Premiere+ worked just fine. Ultra gets HDCP 020 errors several times per hour (does recover after about 10 seconds of a notification screen). Happens even when the content is paused, and not DolbyVision. Happens on any "channel." Extremely annoying, and definitely customer hostile - pirates know how to get around copy protection, but I, paying for content, have to deal with this when simply watching.

Roku, get your sh*t together and fix it. I'm happy with the UI, which is why I stuck with you, but I'll soon be exploring alternatives, because your top-of-the-line box simply isn't ready for Prime Time.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 10

Re: HDCP errors must stop!

Update. Watching Peacock today, still getting HDCP error screens (a few times/hour), but also getting frequent (just a few minutes apart) black screens which last 3-4 seconds.

I received a marketing survey from Roku about a week ago, which implied they'd pay attention to their issue which is interfering with using the Ultra. Absolutely nothing since.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: HDCP errors must stop!

Same issue here.

0 Kudos