Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: HDCP error

I have the same issue with a brand new Roku Express. I am connected to a Logik TV (budget brand). I am running 8.1.0 build 4590-51.

Every time I wake the TV from standby I have to restart the Roku to regain audio. This is entirely useless and unacceptable. I believe it is an HDCP issue because the Amazon Prime video channel briefly flashes up an HDCP error if that is playing at the time.

I have a Roku LT also running 8.1.0 over HDMI and this has no similar issue. Why on earth should I have to use an 8+ year old product instead of my brand new device running the same software?

Have tried forcing Audio settings to Stereo, disabling 1-touch player etc.

I would appreciate any advice on how to resolve please. Thank you.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Ok I figured this out on my TV. Keep in mind "nothing" else has worked from the cable disconnect advice to factory resetting the Roku. Sorry if this is a repeat of what someone else reported but I've spent way too much time on this stupid problem and don't have time to read all the posts. I HAVE A LIFE:-)

Go to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Advanced display settings > Auto-adjust display refresh rate and check Disable.

I have not had the HDCP error since changing that setting. I hope this helps someone else.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Your fix 

Go to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Advanced display settings > Auto-adjust display refresh rate and check Disable. 

Worked for me.  Thank You
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Unfortunately, there is no "Advanced display settings" under "Advanced system settings" on my 4200X boxes, and one of them has this error every session, meaning every time I turn on that TV. At least I've gotten fast hitting Home, Up, OK, Down x4 (to Display type), OK, changing the aspect ratio (which causes the screen to momentarily black out and seems to reset the HDCP handshake), then OK, Home, OK, OK, OK to get back to my show. I can usually do that in about 15 seconds or so.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I am having the same issue on my TCL Roku TV 55S401.
It's 4K and HDR ready but my Xbox One S doesn't detect 4K resolution and I get HDCP errors when trying to play Blu-ray movies.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"mobo796" wrote:
i have a 2017 vizio m55 purchased 2 months ago and a roku stick purchased 2 weeks ago. when i try to watch any channel i get a hdcp error 20. i've tried everything suggested by roku and nothing has worked. roku recognizes the tv as 1080p-1.4 hdcp. but the tv doesn't recognize roku. the stick gets really hot when plugged in the vizio, also, the stick works in our old sony. 
what can i do?

I have a Vizio Model E55-F1/Version 1.1.17.1/Resolution 3840x2160/Vertical Frequency:60 with a Roku stick plus. . I occasionally get the HDCP 2.2 error - and it appears that I see it when the station is transitioning between a show and a commercial - or vice versa. The screen stays up for 10 seconds or so and then disappears and I am right back to the show. Over the course of a day I see it 3-5 times. I've changed some TV settings with no fix.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I also get this error sporadically. I have a Roku 3 running the latest OS and a Vizio M50-D1 TV.

I have tried swapping out the device with another Roku 3, replacing all the cables, testing the cat6 run in the wall with a certifier, resetting the Rokus, resetting my router, changing my router, resetting my TV.

The issue happens randomly, could be 5 times an hour or 1 time in 2 days. Seems completely random.

I'm in the market for a new 4K streaming box, which I have decided on the nVidia Sheild TV due to this issue. Sad that switching MFG is the only way to fix it.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Ok I have an LG webOS TV UJ6300. And I have been having this issue for months and finally decided to look into it and it's not so much the tv I own as it is my roku devices (I have 2 of them). I tried the disconnecting cables power cycling BS that have read about and it did nothing what so ever. Here is what I did that did work for me. From the roku home screen/menu scroll down to settings. Then to "display type". Select 4K HDR 60Hz TV. At this point it will run a little test. Mine was gailing the 4k HDR at 30 frames per second. Portion of the test. So I selected the Force output to 4K UHD HDR option. And then selected yes my screen looks good when it asked and now I'm golden. Haven't had a single issue since. I hope this will help some of you guys.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am having this problem only when watching CBS VOD and when commercials are about to start and end, seems as if I am loosing the signal momentarily.

Highlighted
Level 7

I think I might have fixed the HDCP error message from showing. Disable the auto adjust display refresh rate, found in advanced display settings.
0 Kudos