Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: HDCP error code 020

Hi @tekola @rkuproblems

Please provide us the following information:

-Roku device model
-Serial number
-Device ID
-Software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Shaun_Fielding
Channel Surfer

Has anyone been contacted?

4 weeks and counting

How many more new customers are being duped by this little box of incompetence called Roku express?

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @JLondon

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
rkuproblems
Reel Rookie

Dear Kariza,

If you read the posts, you'll see that everyone is trying the troubleshooting you posted BEFORE they even check in here, and it doesn't work or only works a while. Please acknowledge the bad hardware/software issue and send a replacement or debug the software. Whatever it is, let us all know. 

0 Kudos
Dennis46

Re: HDCP error code 020 on Roku Express 3930X

Yes, I'm receive HDCP even time I power down and restart. I can resolve by follow instructions but it happens every time I restart. This has been happening for more than a month and I believe started after an update. 

Model-3930X Roku Express

ID-S008205ES1M0

Software Version-10.0.0 build 4209AE

Serial# X00400MES1MO

[personal information]

Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @Dennis46

We sincerely apologize for the experience – this is not what we aim for.

Please be advised that this issue has been escalated and we passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once there's an update, we'll let everyone know. 

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Shaun_Fielding
Channel Surfer

If over 2 months wait is escalation to make a product actually work God help us if you ever drag your heels 

0 Kudos

Re: HDCP error code 020 on Roku Ultra

I am having same problems as everyone else. Have followed the instructions to resolve multiple, multiple times. Problem is it doesn't stay resolved. Once you turn off Roku/tv problem comes right back next time you turn it on. Very, very, frustrating and annoying.  Here is my information:

Model:   4800X  Roku Ultra

SN: X01000YDR9P4

Software version:  10.0.0  Build  4209-C2

Device ID;   S02A20DDR9P4

This problem occurs when accessing various channels: Netflix, Plex, Roku

Please send out update to resolve.  According to my Roku the version of HDCP it is detecting is 1.4.  Buying is new tv is not an option.

0 Kudos
JLondon
Reel Rookie

Clearly ROKU's software is causing HDCP issues and compatibility with many TV's.

After many weeks, received a replacement Express+. Unfortunately, same problem with HDCP!! Will need to purchase a Firestick instead. Roku knows this is a prevailant problem.  Roku modified the software/firmware causing HDCP errors with many TV brands and models.  The original Express+ worked OK for several months until Roku updated the software on these devices. My TV is an LG. Not a smart TV, no software to upgrade.

0 Kudos
Shaun_Fielding
Channel Surfer

Solved my problem

The Roku is in the bin and telling anyone who listens never to buy a Roku product