Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jdaws
Reel Rookie

HDCP error code 020

Hi, I tried this, however works for a while then went back to unplug my Roku expesss from my tv and plugging it in again. This error message 020 just appeared few days ago after Roku update. 

83 REPLIES 83
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: HDCP error code 020

@Jdaws

Thanks for the post regarding the issue you are experiencing.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: What should I do if I see a “HDCP Error Detected” message or a purple screen?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jdaws
Reel Rookie

Hi, I have already followed these steps and still does not work. I still have to switch tv and Roku off and on and unplug everytime I want to watch via Roku. This only started happening after the update on 13 May. Please help!

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Jdaws

Thanks for the follow up.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide the following information:

-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TK414
Channel Surfer

I've been using Roku with no problem for over a year although perhaps not in the past few weeks. I see from this thread there was an update May 15? This morning I'm getting the HDCP error code and unplugging is not working. Why was everything fine and now today I can't watch anything??!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@TK414

Thanks for the post.

Please see my previous post and I will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jdaws
Reel Rookie

Hi Danny, As requested:

model 3930EU Roku Express 

SN: X00400T09XS3

Software version: 10.0.0 build 4195-AE

Device ID: S01020309XS3

Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Jdaws

Thanks for the follow up and providing us with the information that we have requested.

I have passed along the information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Alex4149
Reel Rookie

I have the same problem code 020. Happened after update. Only on newest Roku device. Old Roku device not affected? I think enough information has been sent to you that tech should be able to figure out what happened during last update to cause problems. I have done everything suggested and still have problems. If no fix I will be requesting a older Roku device.thanks 

0 Kudos
Alex4149
Reel Rookie

Re: This is a problem with the 2020 Ultra.

I previously posted code 020 problems after update on my new Roku Express. Suggestions were replaced power to ac outlet. Great but that cord was not provided in box Roku Express? If that’s a fix the Roku should send power cord to us?

0 Kudos