Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
whitcd
Level 7

HDCP error and now Streaming Stick+ not working

Streaming stick suddenly displayed HDCP error message on TV. After this the remote also did not work. So I removed power and plugged it back in. After powering on the Roku Stick booted to the Home screen but did not connect to Wifi. The remote also did not work. I tried to pair remote. Pairing did not work. I was doing it correct. After more power restarts I completed a factory reset on the stick. After the reset it is now on the pairing remote screen. Again pairing remote did not work. I've let it sit for a week now and tried pairing again last night. It would not pair. I did find that the Roku Streaming Stick remote does pair with my older TCL Roku TV just fine. After the test I removed the pairing and tried pairing the remote with the Streaming stick and it did not work. There is also a light continuously blinking on the Streaming Stick. WiFi works just fine, all other streaming devices and computers work with no issues.  TV is LG and HDCP compliant.  Was working fine before this.  Any suggestions on what to try next?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
StreamerUser
Level 20

Re: HDCP error and now Streaming Stick+ not working

Your SS+ likely updated to OS10, causing these two unrelated issues to appear.

If you havent already rebooted your modem/router/gateway, do so.

You also might want to remove the remote batteries prior to powering on the SS+, and reinsert them once it attempts to pair.

Also, it helps if other Roku devices arent powered on when pairing, and if you hold the remote right next to the SS+.

0 Kudos
whitcd
Level 7

All steps suggested have been done and the SS+ still will not pair with the remote.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@whitcd

Thanks for the update.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos