Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

HDCP error ONLY on Fox News Channel and never any other channels

I have never seen the HDCP error on any of the many other Roku channels.  It ONLY happens on Fox News Channel.

So it does not make any sense that it could be a hardware issue.  Possibly something wrong with parts of the channel being stuck in the Roku after I removed and re-added it?  I'm using an SDCard, but I thought I replaced once for this problem already and I'm not even sure what the SDCard stores that I would actually lose. That did not seem to resolve the issue long ago.  I replaced the HDMI cable already and that almost seemed to work for a while but it came back, BUT ONLY ON THAT CHANNEL.

I certainly don't want to do a factory reset...that's a major disaster at this point with all the channels I would have to re-log into.  Almost not worth it.  Isn't there something short of the nuclear option for just one channel having the HDCP problem?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: HDCP error ONLY on Fox News Channel and never any other channels

By the way, months ago I did a factory reset and the  problem came back.  Something is stuck somewhere that I cannot access to resolve this.  Again, ONLY happens on Fox News Channel and no others.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Make sure you:  remove channel, RESTART (**required step here**), add channel.

Otherwise, disable adaptive frame rate (Settings/System/Advanced system settings/auto-adjust refresh rate OR manually configure your display (Settings/Display type).

If your Ultra recently upgraded to 9.4.0, you can also revert:  Home 5x, FF 3x, RW 2x, update software, select 9.3.0

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

As I said above I removed channel and re-added but forgot to say I rebooted.  I found this solution which seems to work for the issue on Fox News Channel and seems similar to yours.  So this may do the trick:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Playback-Issues-Audio-Video-Power/HDCP-ERROR/m-p/525739#M8750

0 Kudos