Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

HDCP and using A/V connection instead

Good afternoon everyone,

I have an older tv with an HDMI connection.  I have tried two of the newer Rokus, and like most of you, received the HDCP error.  This is a supplemental tv.  However, in present circumstances, it's not feasible to buy a new tv as an extra, when my main one works.  If I purchased one of the older Rokus that connected through A/V cables instead of HDMI, would it work? I'm tired of watching TV on my phone at night.  I don't want to spend the money on the older Roku if I would still get the HDCP error.  Is it just an HDMI issue only? 

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: HDCP and using A/V connection instead

We keep getting HDCP errors when trying to access channels. Worked okay when we first received it and set it up. Then after a few days of using it, started getting error page. I tried different cable, different HDMI configurations, resetting Roku back to factory settings and starting all over, all for naught.

Suggestions?

Larry Metzenbauer

0 Kudos