Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2ethan9
Channel Surfer

HDCP Errors after trying every fix

Jump to solution

There is no fix I can find for this.  I need some help before I lose my mind.  It’s hardwired.  I’ve changed hdmi. Connected directly to the tv. Etc.  etc.  etc.  All I could get from Roku chat was to restart it or my router.  Not much support.  Please help.  This Ultra sucks! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tkloetzli
Reel Rookie

Re: HDCP Errors after trying every fix

Jump to solution

Bought a new 8k HDMI cable, seems to eliminate HDCP error issue, for now! Will update in a week.

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
2ethan9
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Well, OK. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @2ethan9,

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing, I'd be happy to help take a closer look to see how we can help.

Could you please provide the serial number of your Roku Ultra by going to Settings >System> About?

We would also recommend taking a look at our Support page for more additional information regarding the HDCP issue: What should I do if I see a “HDCP Error Detected ... - Roku

Keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
2ethan9
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply.  I followed all the steps, many times.  I moved the ultra to another tv and it seems to work just fine.  So, what can you tell me about getting this to work with a Samsung TV?  Yes, I tried every input on the tv and it still gave me the error intermittently to where it’s just too annoying to watch.  Thanks. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Your Ultra is capable of delivering 4K resolution.  Is your TV a 4K set?

4K requires a more advanced HDCP version than HD.   If you don't have a 4K tv,  I'm wondering if you're okay when you view some HD content,  but when you then view try to view some 4K content the system complains about the HDCP version available on the TV.

If your TV is NOT a 4K set, see if this helps:

On your Roku  go into Settings > Display type and change the Roku to the actual resolution of your TV instead of the "auto" setting. When you get to the countdown screen click on the "yes" option.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
2ethan9
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It’s a 4K tv.  Works just fine in my LG, same setup.  Does not on the Samsung. 

0 Kudos
tkloetzli
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am experiencing the same issues, an intermittent HDCP error message at random times during viewing. I did the suggested restart process and it works for a while until it doesn't. I also switched the Roku display settings from auto to 1080 as I have a 1080 TV, changed the HDMI port on the TV etc. no success. Please advise.

0 Kudos
HisSvt2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

My ultra has been doing this too since It got the update to OS 10 and I’m using 8k rated cables to my LG BX and happened twice watching Mortal Kombat on HBO max last night and once while watching falcon and winter soldier on Disney plus. 

markat2k

Jump to solution

Same. I get the error screen for a few seconds, then the screen comes back with a Dolby Vision logo briefly displayed.

My LG OLED 65bx was working great with a brand new Roku Ultra 2020 until the OS10 update. I've tried every adjustment & troubleshooting step, except for swapping HDMI cables. I am using the cable that came with the Ultra. Again, this was working fine until the first OS10 update, and persists since the second update to build 4185.

0 Kudos
tkloetzli
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Bought a new 8k HDMI cable, seems to eliminate HDCP error issue, for now! Will update in a week.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos