Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joshua1
Level 8

HDCP Error

Jump to solution

Why did my Roku display a message saying, "HDCP Error Detected"? Will a factory reset get rid of the "HDCP Error Detected" message?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: HDCP Error

Jump to solution

@Joshua1

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: What should I do if I see a “HDCP Error Detected” message or a purple screen?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Joshua1

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: What should I do if I see a “HDCP Error Detected” message or a purple screen?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
roifitd
Level 7

Jump to solution

Had the HDCP error on and off after setting up my ROKU Ultra. Went through all the suggestions to fix the problem ROKU had on their site. Nothing helped, HDCP error would pop up once in awhile then program would come back on and stream normally. I finally realized I had the HDMI plugged into the HDMI(arc) input and thought maybe that was the issue. I plugged the HDMI cable from my ROKU into a normal HDMI input and all has been fine for the last week and I anticipate no further problems. Hope this helps someone and if it has already been tried I wish I would have found it a month ago. 

0 Kudos