Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

HDCP Error

Similar to others, I am receiving an HDCP error. I have gone through all of the recommended “fixes“, none of which resolve my issue. I have a relatively new Roku Ultra, that replaced my Roku 2.  The Ultra player has been working fine for months already, without issue. I have it, along with other components, going through my Panasonic AV receiver.  However, this error is new. It also causes problems when trying to watch our regular cable, even though the cable box is not a problem. After trying all of the fixes posted on all of the boards, I finally disconnected the Roku Ultra, and plugged our Roku 2 back in, and everything works just fine now. This is an issue with this newer device. Perhaps there was a software upgrade that I was not aware of that is causing this new issue?

2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: HDCP Error

To be clear – the HDCP error shows up on my receiver. Doesn’t even make it to my TV.  It ultimately causes my television and receiver to shut off. Essentially, all of my components become useless. I cannot even watch cable or a DVD, because this issue forces my receiver to shut down.

Highlighted

Re: HDCP Error

I get this at random times, I just reset and all is good at my end until the next time. I may get this every two weeks once in awhile, I can still hear channel, just no video...Ive never tried to follow the onscreen instructions with my new ultra, to me a waste of time and I don't want to lose power to my tv and start all over again...Just my opinion on the subject, I run ethernet thru my ultra as well.

0 Kudos