Thanks for sharing your experience here. A few questions to help clarify what you are seeing:
- Had your Roku device been working properly with the TV that is now experiencing the error?
- When did you first observe the error displaying? When you try to play content, or when you are viewing the Roku home screen, etc?
- If during content playback, which channel are you watching when you experience the HDCP error?
- What is the exact make/model of your TV experiencing the error?
- Have you tried using a premium or high-speed certified HDCP 2.2 compliant HDMI cable to see if this clears up the issue?
- Have you tried connecting the device directly to a wall power outlet using the included power adapter to see if this clears up the power message you are seeing? If not, please try this.
I'm having the same HDCP Error detected. I tried all the suggestions in this thread and have tried 2 different Roku's but still cannot get it to work. I have a Samsung 8 series (55). Anyone have any suggestions for settings on Samsung?
Thanks for the post.
For troubleshooting steps regarding HDCP errors, we would recommend taking a look at our Support page here: What should I do if I see a “HDCP Error Detected” message or a purple screen?
Please keep us posted what you find out.
I've had Roku Ultra working flawlessly as expected on the living room Samsung for quite a while. I just purchased and set up a Roku Express Plus on a bdrm Samsung UN7100 43 inch. Install was straight forth, I'm all signed in to all my current apps, Sling, NF, Hulu, and Dis+. I'll be disappointed if I start having these issues as described on this tread, if so, I'll report back my experience to this thread. Hopefully not as I may not of bought had I read this 3 days ago I'm thinking it'll be just fine. Fingers crossed.