Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Omer1
Reel Rookie

“HDCP Error Detected” message

A sudden repetitive HDCP error screen when trying to watch a video. I’m using a BenQ TK800M 4K projector that has been working great for about 8 months with my Roku Smart Soundbar 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: “HDCP Error Detected” message

Hey @Omer1

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

We would recommend starting with the troubleshooting steps suggested in this Support link: What to do if you see an “HDCP Error Detected” message or a purple screen. Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Omer1
Reel Rookie

Hi @RokuKariza-D 

Sorry, let me be more specific - Before reaching out to the community I’ve tried the steps on your website a few times, but i was still unable to watch video content. 
Then I bought a new HDMI cable - still didn’t work.
When connected to my laptop there’s no problem with the projector. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@Omer1

Thanks for the update.

Please reply here with the serial number of your Roku device. It can be found in Settings > System > About. I'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Omer1
Reel Rookie

R65115663933

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@Omer1

Appreciate the prompt response.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
demsd
Roku Guru

What about the HDMI mode under Settings>TV inputs? If set to Auto, change to Standard. If all else fails, try Compatibility.

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos