Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
csrowku
Level 7

Re: HDCP ERROR?

Jump to solution
Did you try ‘timmn’s suggestion above? It resolved this for me, after trying all the other things.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
MT
Level 7

Jump to solution

Esas opciones no me aparecen 

Hoy es mi primer dia con Roku y ya lo odio! Las sugerencia para resolver el problema son inútiles. Alguien que me ayude version software 9.2.0 compilacion 4131-51 @MG 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
timmn
Level 10

Jump to solution

@MT wrote:

Esas opciones no me aparecen 

Hoy es mi primer dia con Roku y ya lo odio! Las sugerencia para resolver el problema son inútiles. Alguien que me ayude version software 9.2.0 compilacion 4131-51 @MG 

My Spanish is not that good, so I'm replying in English. There have been various problems with 9.2.0 and you are on an old build. The first thing I would suggest is to go to Settings -> System -> System Update and install the latest build. That will solve some of your problems and may introduce more.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
MG
Level 8

Jump to solution

I did take the action suggested and it solved the problem.

Interestingly, I have just changed the settings back to the way they were as an experiment and it has not caused the problem to come back. Very strange ! 

Highlighted
RubenM
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hello

I am getting this hdcp error

If I do what is suggested it will clear but within a day or so it will happen again. Is this a indication that the roku ultima is bad and should be sent back. Or is this normal until they figure out the error.

Thanks

Ruben

0 Kudos
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 17

Jump to solution

@RubenM wrote:

Hello

I am getting this HDCP error

If I do what is suggested it will clear but within a day or so it will happen again. Is this a indication that the Roku Ultra is bad and should be sent back. Or is this normal until they figure out the error.

Thanks

Ruben

While a defective device is always possible, more often it's either a bad cable or dirty connection at one of both ends. If you TV has multiple HDMI ports, try connecting the Roku to a different port. When you remove the cable and before connecting it back up, look at it to see if any dust has been trapped inside it. 

If you continue to get HDCP errors in a different port, try it on a different TV. And of course try a different HDMI cable, and make sure it's certified for 18 Gbps if you are connecting to a 4K TV. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Highlighted
grotto
Level 7

Jump to solution

After I made the changes on the Roku, I was still getting the error.  I have a Samsung smart tv and it also had a setting that needed to be changed.  It was also trying send 4K HD signals to the roku and once I turned that setting off in the TV settings, the problem has gone away.  Your tv may have a similiar HD setting that you can bump it down a notch or turn it off.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
grotto
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have 4 ROKU (1 Ultra and 3 Xpress) devices in my home. All different TV's. My Samsung TV seems to be the only one with the issue - even though it's the newest of the 3. The problem occurs when ROKU tries to play content over HDCP over 2.2. Technically, you can set the ROKU for 720 or 1080 P and you can see it will say HDCP is 1.4. So why would the error indicate a message about 2.2 is not authorized, etc. What so far has resolved it for me, was a setting on the Samsung Smart TV. Under Settings/More Settings/Picture/Special Viewing Mode/ make sure HDR+ is turned off. Once I turned HDR+ off and then removed the cables and unplugged everything, I haven't seen the message since on the Samsung. Apparaently HDR+ looks for the ROKU to dictate the HDCP setting, I think and clearly the two of them are confused. I hope this is helpful to someone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 17

Jump to solution

@grotto wrote:

I have 4 ROKU (1 Ultra and 3 Xpress) devices in my home. All different TV's. My Samsung TV seems to be the only one with the issue - even though it's the newest of the 3. The problem occurs when ROKU tries to play content over HDCP over 2.2. Technically, you can set the ROKU for 720 or 1080 P and you can see it will say HDCP is 1.4. So why would the error indicate a message about 2.2 is not authorized, etc. What so far has resolved it for me, was a setting on the Samsung Smart TV. Under Settings/More Settings/Picture/Special Viewing Mode/ make sure HDR+ is turned off. Once I turned HDR+ off and then removed the cables and unplugged everything, I haven't seen the message since on the Samsung. Apparaently HDR+ looks for the ROKU to dictate the HDCP setting, I think and clearly the two of them are confused. I hope this is helpful to someone.

On your Samsung, do you have UHD Color enabled on the HDMI port the Roku uses? If not, that could be the cause of your issue. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Highlighted
RubenM
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you

Will give that a try.

Ruben 

0 Kudos