Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: HDCP ERROR?

Jump to solution

Router Amplifier as in the TV or AV unit or Roku?

Bob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ToniGA
Level 8

Jump to solution

Router amplifier. Sorry for any confusion.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
MG
Level 8

Jump to solution

I am getting the HDCP error message when using You Tube.Only started happening since latest upgrade. I have tried doing your suggested fix. That does not work. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
timmn
Level 10

Jump to solution

@MG wrote:

I am getting the HDCP error message when using You Tube.Only started happening since latest upgrade. I have tried doing your suggested fix. That does not work. 

Try this: Go to Settings -> System -> Advanced System Settings -> Advanced Display Settings -> Auto-adjust display refresh rate if it's set to Enabled, set it to Disabled, Then go to HDR subsampling and set it to 4:2:0 That worked for me, your results may vary.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
MG
Level 8

Jump to solution
Hi. This has worked for me. Thank you.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
wabashtrail
Level 8

Jump to solution

@timmn wrote:

@MG wrote:

Try this: Go to Settings -> System -> Advanced System Settings -> Advanced Display Settings -> Auto-adjust display refresh rate if it's set to Enabled, set it to Disabled, Then go to HDR subsampling and set it to 4:2:0 That worked for me, your results may vary.

Not only did I have HDCP errors, but I could not play anything on "vudu free" without getting an error.

After making the change, the home button was disabled but a simple restart fixed that.

Thanks for the suggestion, it fixed both problems  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
csrowku
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have done everything previously suggested, including swapping out my HDMI cable. Making the changes suggested here In Advanced display settings has cured it.

THANK YOU!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
andino66
Level 7

Jump to solution

I did a factory reset and all was well. I then upgraded to the new firmware and it HDCP was broken again. I then did another factory reset and everything was fixed. It isn't a hardware issue. It is a firmware problem. I will not update the firmware until this issue is fixed. I will also be looking into alternatives to Roku in the future. It is a shame that so many people have the same issues and that nothing has been done to address this to this point. 

Such a shame.  I liked Roku up to now. 

Highlighted
grotto
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have 4 ROKU (1 Ultra and 3 Xpress) devices in my home.  All different TV's.  My Samsung TV seems to be the only one with the issue - even though it's the newest of the 3. 

The problem occurs when ROKU tries to play content over HDCP over 2.2.  Technically, you can set the ROKU for 720 or 1080 P and you can see it will say HDCP is 1.4.  So why would the error indicate a message about 2.2 is not authorized, etc. 

What so far has resolved it for me, was a setting on the Samsung Smart TV.  Under Settings/More Settings/Picture/Special Viewing Mode/ make sure HDR+ is turned off.  Once I turned HDR+ off and then removed the cables and unplugged everything, I haven't seen the message since on the Samsung.  Apparaently HDR+ looks for the ROKU to dictate the HDCP setting, I think and clearly the two of them are confused.

I hope this is helpful to someone. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Jason1
Level 7

Re: HDCP Error Detected

Jump to solution
I turned all devices off and unplug the HDMI. I then turned the TV on and reconnected the HDMI and it started working again. However, like you said, when a commercial comes on it will do it for about 10sec. I hope Roku is reading this so they can work on a fix.
0 Kudos