Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
NCAviator
Level 8

Re: HDCP ERROR?

Jump to solution

Tanner;

See my post.  This is not a hardware issue.  I believe it is ROKU that did something either in 9.2 or how they changed how they are sending ADs down the pipe.

Please advise what other info you and Roku need to resolve.

Highlighted
timmn
Level 10

Jump to solution

@NCAviator wrote:

Tanner;

See my post.  This is not a hardware issue.  I believe it is ROKU that did something either in 9.2 or how they changed how they are sending ADs down the pipe.

Please advise what other info you and Roku need to resolve.

I think it's been proven that it isn't a hardware issue, like many others, my Roku box performed flawlessly in it's current configuration until the 9.2.0 software update.

Highlighted
ToniGA
Level 8

Jump to solution

I just replaced my Roku3 with a Roku Ultra yesterday, and I’m having the same problem. My old Roku3 never had this issue. I am so tired of “updating” things just to have all the headaches that seem to go along with the uodates. When I perform the “fix” suggested, it is only a temporary fix. When I shut off my tv last night, everything seemed to be okay, but this morning I’m having the same issue occur. I won’t go through this routine every day. May be time to look for a new streaming device - not Roku. Sad, because I have really enjoyed Roku for over ten years.

Highlighted
brg
Level 8

Jump to solution

My ultra was having issues after the updates..  HDCP errors.. black screen.. choppy audio etc. after trying everything posted , I did a factory reset, so far it has helped 100 % box is also a lot faster loading channels.

hope this helps

Highlighted
MikeyQ
Level 7

Jump to solution
Tanner, I just bought first Roku device last Saturday. Connected to Toshiba 2005 DLP and get the HDCP error. It only has 1 HDMI port. The Streaming Stick+ works fine with smaller Emerson 20" TV. I set the Roku to 720p on the 64" Toshiba and screen results said it'd work. But didn't. Running v9.2 like others. Help! (And tks)
Highlighted
NCAviator
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank You for your suggestion.  I also did a factory reset and have not had an error message since.  Don't know why that would fix the error.  Just a pain to have to log back in to each of my subscriptions.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
dankissel
Level 8

Jump to solution
I'm having this issue as well on my premiere+. Did a factory reset but still no good. I get thru setting up wifi and then lose picture. If I unplug/reseat the hdmi I get picture for a second then nothing. Help!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 17

Jump to solution

@dankissel wrote:
I'm having this issue as well on my premiere+. Did a factory reset but still no good. I get thru setting up wifi and then lose picture. If I unplug/reseat the hdmi I get picture for a second then nothing. Help!

Sounds suspiciously like a bad HDMI cable. But first make sure you try a different HDMI port on your TV (if you have one), or a different TV, just to make sure there's not an issue with the TV. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Highlighted
dankissel
Level 8

Jump to solution
I've tried 2 different hdmi cables and all three hdmi ports on my tv. My next step was going to try another tv.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
DeanK
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am getting the error for about 5 to 10 seconds when starting a program and after commercials. It's on at least Youtube and ESPN.  The audio is playing during the message.

It started about a day ago, and I noticed my Roku also reset itself about a day ago. I've had 9.2 for at least a week, and I'm thinking more like 2 or 3 weeks.

0 Kudos