Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoeRet
Level 7

HD HomeRun Connect Audio App Conflict with Roku

This question is about compatibility of a Roku device with HD HomeRun Connect Duo device. All my devices, TV, iPads, iPhones, PC, have audio - except for one. That one is connected via HDMI, to an Onkyo AVR, TX-NR656, and fed to a Samsung TV. The Roku delivers audio as it should to my AVR and video to my TV. The Roku delivers sound via the remote headphones normally. But - no sound comes from the HD HomeRun app. Video is fine. I have verified that audio is delivered to all other channels on the Roku. The only problem is the HD HomeRun app will not provide audio through this one Roku. I have configured the Roku audio settings in every conceivable configuration, confirming each time I change the audio setting but no audio from the HD HomeRun app. Suggestions please.  The troublesome issue is that one Roku device provides audio but the other Roku box does not.  I have tried to ensure both Roku devices are set the same for audio - but still no audio on the one.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
renojim
Level 21

Re: HD HomeRun Connect Audio App Conflict with Roku

Not a solution, but if you take the AVR out of the equation do you get sound?

You don't mention a second Roku until the very end, so it's not clear if one Roku works with the same TV and AVR setup and one doesn't or not.

0 Kudos