Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VolleyCoach
Level 7

HCDP Issue

I keep getting the HDCP issue on one of my Roku devices. I unplug the HDMI cable and then plug it back in and it is okay. It only happens on one TV. I've purchased a new HDMI cable and that didn't help either. Is it time to exchange this one for a new one. I have the extended warranty on all of them.

Pam

0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 21

Re: HCDP Issue

@VolleyCoach wrote:

I keep getting the HDCP issue on one of my Roku devices. I unplug the HDMI cable and then plug it back in and it is okay. It only happens on one TV. I've purchased a new HDMI cable and that didn't help either. Is it time to exchange this one for a new one. I have the extended warranty on all of them.

Pam

Exchange the TV or the Roku? What model Roku are you using? The only time I ever encountered an HDCP error was when I wasn't using a 18 Gbps certified HDMI cable with an Ultra on a 4K set. Other than that, check for dust or lint captured in the HDMI port of the TV, Roku and cable ends. Only takes a little crud in there to disrupt the communication link.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos