Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Grayson2019
Level 7

HBO app closes when I watch sesame street

I subscribe to HBO Max but use the HBO app on Roku to watch sesame street for my kid. Recently sesame street disappeared from my saved list on the app and whenever I click on a season the app closes and I return to the home screen. I have rebooted my streaming stick and checked for updates but it still closes when I try to watch sesame street. Anyone else have this problem in the last 2 weeks?

4 Replies
Mattmoore98
Level 7

Re: HBO app closes when I watch sesame street

Same here! Everything else seems to work on HBO

RSPSteffes
Level 7

Hi! I came across your question when trying to google this problem as well. From one parent to another, I had to reply. I just spoke with a HBO customer service rep and as of Nov 1st. You are no longer able to access Sesame Street with the HBO app only through HBO max which Roku doesn’t have right now sadly. I just cancelled my subscription because of this. Hope this helps you and any other parent who’s looking for an answer!

Mattmoore98
Level 7

Thank you for the response. That’s disappointing. Hopefully they can figure out these issues. 

Darkarw
Level 7

In a workaround until they get it fixed, if you have the HBO Max app on an Apple device, you can Airplay it to your Roku.

0 Kudos