Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: HBO Max channel not loading on rokutv

@MCRiley 

Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying.

So, now to figure out how to remove and reinstall that app without canceling the subscription ... and losing the discount.

Perhaps others have a suggestion, but the only thing that comes to my mind is an option I really don't like. A full factory reset of that Roku device.

That will indeed remove the app without canceling your subscription. It will also do a reboot, which is a critical middle step of the remove/reboot/reinstall process. And, once you re-register your device, all the apps will download. And since you subscribed via Roku, it should automatically log you in when the post-reset setup finishes.

Apart from that, we could perhaps get Roku moderators in on this. @RokuDanny-R , @RokuMary-F , and @RokuKariza-D , and maybe even @Jeremiah-Roku since billing could be impacted.

I wish I had a better suggestion. Perhaps someone else has an idea.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MCRiley,

Thank you for posting this issue to Roku Community!
We are currently aware and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely.
In the meantime, please help us with the required details below for us to send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team, and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-what are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Keep us posted with the details.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
MCRiley
Reel Rookie

Resting it to factory settings, and resigning into everything seems to have worked. It took HBO max a little to load, but it finally did. Thank you.

roku tv: 7823x

onn model: 100012586

serial number: yn00j0564334

software version: 10.5.0 build 4210-at

device ID: f0818j564334

0 Kudos