Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

HBO Max Reverts back to Home Screen

Tried Everything Updates Re-Starts Remove Channel and even tried factory re-set. Nothing works. Has Roku figured out a solution. And I'm not talking about restarting and updates ect because it doesn't work. Help please. 

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Level 9

Re: HBO Max Reverts back to Home Screen

Im having the exact same problem! Some glitch- I was going to try all the things the original poster said- but thought I would check if others are having the same problem.... hello? Any one from Roku listening???!!! 

Level 7

I'm having the same problem. Tried restarting, unplugging from both TV and power source, deleted old HBO channel and re-installed new HBO Max channel... nothing worked. Hoping there will be some helpful reply here eventually.

Level 10

Wait one day. I've seen many apps behave like this (on various platforms, and often it will be bad on one platform and fine on another), and 99.9999% of the time it is temporary due to network congestion (you can have 1 gigabytes d/l speed but it the original network is only 400kilobits, you won't get faster than 400 kilobits). It won't be the last time either. It usually clears up in a few hours. If it is more than a day, then worry. If you really are worried, check downdetector.com and see if others are reporting anything. If they are, then most likely it is HBO not Roku.  Also, see if you can connect via another device if possible (if you can, than it probably (though not definitely, as connections can be sketchy) is Roku).

It's why I will never get rid of my DVD/BD players.

0 Kudos
Level 9

I had been successfully streaming hbo now on my roku since May - up until sometime this week - 12/18/20 when it seems to have been automatically updated to hbo max. Now when I log in it asks me to chose my profile and when I do it brings me to a screen with current shows- hangs, and kicks me back out to roku home menu. Tried rebooting roku, removing and adding channel. Same. I can successfully log in and view hbo max on my phone.  I can also successfully stream other services.  Don't want to cancel my hbo subscription and restart as I have a special offer through next May. Help please?

0 Kudos
Level 12

Which Roku models / TVs are people with the HBO Max issues using?

0 Kudos

The problem seems to be the Roku main screen. Avoid it by searching for an HBO Max program from the Roku Home screen. 

0 Kudos
Level 9

Re: HBO Max Not working

I fixed it by : going to Hbo max app on my phone - SETTINGS then DEVICES- then sign out of all devices.

Remove channel from Roku

Restart Roku 

Reinstall channel 

It’s been working fine so far. 
Let others know- the fix came from Danny at Roku 
Aloha from Kauai 

0 Kudos
Level 9

I fix d it by : going to Hbo max app on my phone - SETTINGS then DEVICES- then sign out of all devices.

Remove channel from Roku

Restart Roku 

Reinstall channel 

Aloha from Kauai 

0 Kudos
Level 9

I fixed it by : going to Hbo max app on my phone - SETTINGS then DEVICES- then sign out of all devices.

Remove channel from Roku

Restart Roku 

Reinstall channel 

Aloha from Kauai

0 Kudos